Cypress Environmental Consulting’s experienced staff provide a wide range of environmental services including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs).
Phase I ESAs are typically conducted for real estate and business transactions such as:
· Land purchases
· Building purchases
· Business purchases
· New or re-development
The purpose of a Phase I ESA is to gather information to develop an independent professional opinion regarding the potential for environmental risk or contamination of a property. Conducting a Phase I ESA satisfies due diligence protocols to help protect property owners from liability.
The Phase I ESA process includes extensively reviewing multiple sources of information to identify any current or historical environmental compliance violations at the site. The main areas of investigation within a Phase I ESA include:
· Comprehensive review of readily available government environmental records
pertaining to the property and adjacent properties
· A thorough review of historical records for the property including aerial images,
topographic maps, and fire insurance maps
· Reviewing city directories for past land uses
· A thorough site inspection of the property including all building interiors as well as the
exterior of the property and grounds
· Interviews with current and past owners of the property and adjacent properties
Cypress Environmental Consulting offers Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) in accordance with the ASTM Standard Practice for Environmental Site Assessments E 1527-13 and the “All Appropriate Inquiries” – (AAI) Final Rule, 40 CFR Part 312.